2000 Plymouth Breeze 2.4L

Asked by Jan 30, 2016 at 05:46 PM about the 2000 Plymouth Breeze 4 Dr STD Sedan

My daughter has a 2000 Plymouth Breeze 2.4L 92,181 miles on it. For the last 3 weeks it randomly shuts off. And it doesnt do it everyday or all the time. She leaves home drives to work and no issues. She gets off of work and half way home shuts off at red light. She puts it in park and it starts right back up and its fine all the way home. Next day goes to work no issues either way. Then its happens a few days later again. Ive changed spark plugs and wires. Ive cleaned the throttlebody. Put a new pcv valve. Can anyone give me an idea what can be wrong?

16,850

Change fuel filter and add seafoam fuel injector cleaner to gas tank also check and replace air filter if necessary.

Air filter is new. And I already added seafoam a week ago. I guess i'm gonna have to drop tank and change fuel filter.

16,850

When you cleaned throttle body did you also clean the Idle Air Control valve or Mass Air Flow sensor depending on which one your vehicle has. If cleaning does not help may need to replace.

Yes cleaned and checked idle air. And out of curriosity I put new idle air still occasional stall

16,850

Also going to suggest that you take vehicle out on road and hit the passing gear a few times this will clean out any gum and carbon build up in the engine.