2000 Plymouth Breeze ignition fuse problem

Asked by Nov 29, 2013 at 05:22 PM about the 2000 Plymouth Breeze 4 Dr STD Sedan

My friend's 2000 Breeze keeps blowing the #8 ignition/starter/fuelpump fuse everytime she goes to start the car.
At first, the fuse blew, replaced it, car started, and the starter stayed engaged. Replaced the starter, and everything was fine. A week later, fuse blew again, replaced it, all was fine. Next day, fuse blew, and now blows everytime you try to start the car.
I know I have a short somewhere, would I replaced the fuse with a 20 amp circuit breaker and unplug certain items until the fuse stops blowing? And where do I go to find a decent wiring diagram?

67,465

Try running a draw test on the starter. Sometimes when a starter is dying it will pull too many amps. Since, in your case, there's a fuse in the circuit that may be what's causing it to blow. If the starter is original it'd be my prime suspect. Also load test the battery and make sure the connections are clean and tight. HTH. -Jim