did I hurt my tranny

Asked by Jun 03, 2012 at 05:36 PM about the 2001 Plymouth Neon 4 Dr Highline Sedan

car was in an impact which cleanly pulled driveaxle from tranny......do you think I caused any damage to the trans......... impact was at about 20mph

251,555

You mean internal damage beside the axle being ripped out? It's possible. Hard to tell you where I'm sitting. When you have the car repaired have them inspect the transmission for any issues. If you really want to, talk to your insurance agent (if you are claiming the accident) that you want a transmission expert to look the car over to see if there is any further internal damage.

I had only liability insurance..............I just want to know about the tranny because I can sell the car but iI would rather fix it but if the T is jacked then I should sell it. Evidently the d.a. just snaps in but I know it wasn't designed to be yanked out..whats the worst case scenario? Chipped /broken teeth ...lost gear(s)???????