Battery Drain

125

Asked by Mar 26, 2017 at 01:38 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo Coupe FWD

My 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo battery will go dead overnight.  This is
just an occasional problem and does not happen all the time.  I have checked
all fuses in the fuse block, purchased new battery, replaced the relays and
replaced the alternator. I have not noticed anything running after the ignition
is turned off.  What should I try next?

139,565

Check for a parasitic draw.... www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRso1A0VScw

125

We have done the fuse test and checked the relays. This is a periodic problem. Does not always happen. Someone mentioned that it might be connected with the air ride. Your thoughts please.

139,565

It could be if there is a slow leak somewhere, and the compressor is kicking in when the car sets.

Best Answer Mark helpful
125

Let me understand. We have traced it to the air ride. When the key is off, the level ride still remains activated? We have disconnected the compressor and level sensor to see if this solves the problem.

139,565

Correct.

125

OK we traced the problem to the air ride. Is there a way to find a slow, intermittent leak other than replacing one part at a time? Evidently, the front and rear are both air ride.

139,565

You could use like soap and water, and look for air bubbles if you can't hear the leak.

My 92 Trofeo kills battery at times also. I found that removing the headlamp door fuse kills the power to the relay/motor ( you hear it engaging when re-inserting the fuse) and no more drain. It seems the doors are out of sync with the bulbs. still diagnosing. any ideas?