Bravada wont start in the cold

Asked by Dec 21, 2013 at 03:43 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Bravada 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

Why is that my 1994 bravada wont start in the cold? It takes me quite a while to get it
started and it will be fine but if it sits for over 8 hours it wont start.

the battery is of paramount concern here....check the date of the first charge by little "knock-off" labels on the top-0-the battery....will show month and year....well five years is about all that you can reliably expect from one of these new tin/antimony alloy batteries (me own poppa's invention, Electrochemical Engineer for 35+ yrs) no lead anymore....terrible for the environment....causes brain damage~....okay with your NEW battery you'll want to take a wirebrush to the big 1/0 battery cable lug that goes to the chassis/ground....wire brush the lug....wirebrush the ground and bolt them together....also the 1/0 battery cable goin' to the motor block (near the alternator)~ with this improved 12Volt and perhaps 400 cold cranking amp (which Welds the connection with each start....creating this corrosion in the first place) will be the power needed to start the show~

What cranking amps do you need if it won't start in the cold? Looking for manual charging unit n would like an engine start option on it. The battery I have is only two years old.