Can anyone tell me the location of the Evap Vent Solenoid on a 1996 Ford Probe SE (4 cyl). It is the LAST thing I need to fix to pass inspection.

30

Asked by Sep 28, 2013 at 04:43 PM about the 1996 Ford Probe SE

I need a new Evap Vent Solenoid OR the location of the Evap Vent Solenoid in order to get one from a junk yard.  This is the LAST item I need to repair in order to get my 1996 Ford Probe SE back on the road.

Item Part Number Description 1 9C915 Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Valve 2 9D653 Evaporative Emissions Canister 3 9G332 Evaporative Emission Tube Shut Off Valve 4 9B593 Evaporative Emission Valve

click on the image....or go take a look at: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/1c3p4-96-ford-probe-gt-2-5l-obrii-dtc-code-p0443.html

30

THANKS David!! Any idea where it is, physically? The mechanic I was talking to said he thought it was down by the gas tank. I was thinking in the engine compartment. I don't have the car here right now so I can't look. Any ideas??

Okay....downtown on the firewall according to Dave's link~

I went back to the page up there and best bet is just go to it....there is a ton of information on the EVAP there..I didn't find it but then again I didn't study every diagram and text,, there is just so much

Yep now I see it too Op...right there where you say

30

You guys are great. Thanks a lot. I at least have a HOPE of finding one now. Thanks again for taking the time to post with such great info and suggestions.

Not lettin' you fill?