What is causing the "traction active" light to come on and my anti-lock brakes to engage?

Ronald Miller

Asked by Aug 06, 2014 at 08:18 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora 4 Dr STD Sedan

I just had a four wheel alignment and tire rotation on my 1995 Aurora. I hadn't driven but a few blocks when I noticed the "traction active" coming on. The traction control was not active because I know how it sounds when it actuates. I did discover the anti-lock brakes were activating at times when I applied the brakes. It was not during a condition that would require them to do so. I called the repair shop and they told me to bring it back tomorrow. I'm concerned that the technician may not have the capability to deal with this sophisticated car. I suspect some sensors may have somehow gotten disturbed. This is a shop I've dealt with for years, and I've never had any problems.
Any ideas?

They must have disturbed an ABS wheel sensor or the wiring causing the fault.

Ronald Miller

Took it back this morning; they said they didn't find any codes, but after just a few minutes the problem was resolved. Service writer said that was a common occurrence. Thanks for the reply!

Fernando Cervantes

Any idea on what they said what it was having the same problem with my 01 oldsmobile Aurora 4.0