1996 Oldsmobile Ciera has no interior or exterior lighting

20

Asked by Nov 16, 2012 at 01:35 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera 4 Dr SL Wagon

My 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera has no interior or exterior lighting. The car starts and runs fine. There are no
headlights, interior lighting or lighting on the dashboard. For what it's worth the radio does not light up
but when you turn up the volume you can hear static. I checked all the interior fuses and all of them look
good. Could it be one of the circuit breakers or is there another fuse box under the hood up front?

35,555

You marked it best does that mean you found a bad fuse?

20

Where would I find ignition 1 & 2?

35,555

Black fuse box under the hood marked relays or fuses or it will say both.

10

My car did the same thing and mine same thing but my abs light will not go off and i never messed with the brakes on the car

35,555

Yes there are two maxi fuses under the hood labeled ignition 1 and 2. The one fuse controls everything related to the ECM when the key is turned on. The other fuse controls everything related to the BCM when the key is on. I had a buddy with a 95 grand prix GTP that blew the one fuse and he lost all lighting and a few other things.

Best Answer Mark helpful

how to read the dashboard symbols of 96 olds ciera