96 oldsmobile ciera v6 car will not start

Asked by Sep 04, 2015 at 06:52 PM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera 4 Dr SL Sedan

my cars battery has a charge i tried jumping it but still wont start radio will not
turn on in auxiliary position but lights interior and exterior still work

19,840

When you say will not turn on do you mean the vehicle will crank over but will not start or will not crank over at all ? Is the starter clicking when trying to start ?

Won't crank over and starter is not clicking I tried to jump it and did nothing let it sit charging for 15 mins nothing but when I left the cables connected to my battery there was spark

19,840

Try jumping vehicle again but this time let the cables stay on for about a minute or two this will let the vehicle that is jumping your to charge up your battery leave vehicle that is jumping your vehicle idling. Also would help to rev up vehicle that is jumping your vehicle a little bit.

19,840

Also removing and clean battery terminals before jumping.

1,435

it could be ignition switch or starter solenoid with the radio not working i don't think you are getting power. check fuses 1st then check for power to the starter