car stalled out on me and won't start will crank but wont start

Asked by Mar 08, 2010 at 10:21 AM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GS Passenger Van

I left planet fitness turn the wheel hard car shut off then it restarted, abour 1/8 of a mile it shut off quietly for the second time,then I change the sparks pugs,wires,and fuel filter,still won't start.will crank but will not start.its getting gas and every thing it has 100k on it . could it be my alarm or a sensor?

30

My 2003 Silhouette did the same thing. We took ours to a mechanic (cost $75.00) for him to say that he couldn't find anything wrong. With ours, it first happened to my daughter, (that's when we took it into the mechanic) then about 3 months later it sputtered for me but didn't actually stall, then a few weeks later it died and hasn't restarted since. It's been sitting in my driveway all summer; not sure what to do. I read somewhere that it might be the electrical groundings. I hope you get yours fixed and if you do, I would love to know what they found out (donanoyus@yahoo.com) Hope this helped.

I just had a similar problem i drove into work and parked and lunch time i went to start it and it was cranking really solid but would not start...I played around with the wires for the pump and gas tank it is locate under the car just behind the driver seat and it started .. Recently i drove through some serious rain and my gas gauge went haywire as it was filled with water..I had to pull the 3 sets of wires and drain and sprayed them with electrical spray them, that is how i remembered to play with those wires..Those are a pain in the butt i might have to replace the connectors...not sure if this would help you guys out there, hope it does...