I have a 98' Oldsmobile regency. I can drive it for about a mile and it shuts off and the oil pressure light and volt light appear on dash! I have change the oil pressure sensor!

Kaleb Merk

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 02:28 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Regency 4 Dr STD Sedan

Change alteanatier! Thinking of trying fuel

It sounds like a fuel pressure issue like I was having. If you do some searching on Youtube on there are a lot of videos out there about the fuel pressure issue on fuel injected vehicles. There is a valve, almost like a tire style up toward the firewall side of the vehicle and on top near the injectors. It is possible to attach a free rented gauge from AutoZone to test it.. Now comes the hard part. How do you improve the pressure if it is too low? The typical options are: A) Fuel Pump Replacement B)Fuel Regulator Replacement C) Clogged Injector cleanouts. Last but not least, like mine if you have a physical hole in the gas tank or along the seam of the tank, it can cause the pressurized tank to not build up enough pressure to run the modern day fuel injected systems. So, you either go to AutoZone and buy the fuel tank glue for a temp fix or a junk yard and get a used tank or pay through the nose for a new one. If I had it to do all over I would get a mechanic to do the pressure testing sooner rather than later. They have ways of pumping air into the gas tank and adding dye so that if there is a leak the red dye comes out in a visible gas form. If budget will not allow you to hire a mechanic, then find a friend who is willing to change the gas tank, fuel pump, and possibly the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail. The videos on line will help you with each potential job.

Check/Change fuel filter. Drop tank change fuel pump. Is fuel pump issue..

Best Answer
Kelly Mayo

when the motor shuts of with the key on those lights will come on...so ....your problem is that it turns off...right..if its a slower shut off its fuel related.if a sudden nothing than electrial.. as said above first change fuel filter..and report back..

Kaleb Merk

I'm having to soak the gas line completely rusted and can't get loosened and don't want to break it!

Yes. Let it set and go easy. It'll break loose. You'll be cruising again in no time. If u need any more help. Kelly or I will be here for you. Have a good day Kaleb...