Need fasteners for the 'rear compartment lid applique' (AKA long decoration plastic on the trunk)

Asked by Sep 07, 2014 at 08:42 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 Dr GL Sedan

Hello,
My trunk plastic decoration with the oldsmobile cutlass title and the red reflectors went off. I've found a new (used) one to put instead, but the fasteners for it can't be found anywhere :(  Attached 2 pics of them... can't get them in autozone nor O'reiley nor found any online... anyone got an idea? Thanks.

36,175

I didn't see a G.M. dealer in your search. Or did I miss that?

I haven't seen a dealer yet, just checked those GM parts all over the place online and couldn't find it there either...

36,175

GM is your best bet. A compliant parts guy will find them for you if they are still available. It's 15 years old.

Thanks BoholMark. I'll try that... in parallel to that - anyone knows about somewhere online i can get them, or in case i can't find them - anything else i can use instead??

I have come across this same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Nope i did not. Sorry :( still looking for fasteners myself. Let me know if you find any please!

10

Same thing happened on our ’98 Cutlass. I re-attached it to the trunk using small L brackets with holes on each end and screwed it with pre-drilled holes to the side on the plastic panel and the back of the inside of the trunk lid. I did this a few years ago and it worked great because you don’t see the brackets when the lid is closed.