98 olds achieva-1 week now,parking lites stay on,even after ign off and keys removed.what's wrong?

Asked by Jan 05, 2009 at 08:57 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 Dr SL Sedan

today the security light came on upon starting the car after two days of leaving it parked. I took the jimmy and maybe the tempermental bitch is jealous? the security light went off after a couple of miles. I had several places to run errands and after shutting the car off and starting it back up the security light came on a second time and stayed on til I got home (about six miles) The high beam indicator blinked on and off in a steady sequence while the security light is lit up. any clues as to what could be the cause of this madness?

115

If they stay on for ever after you turn the car off, its a problem if they stay on for a minute or so, then that is normal consider it a night light. most new cars, and a lot of GM and Chrysler vehicles from the late 90's leave the lights on for a few minutes after the car has been shut off to give you a guiding light to the door of your house so if they stay on for more than 5 minutes after you turn the car off, its a problem, if they stay on for about a minute or so. don't worry about it. its normal