battery,alternator,or something else

Asked by Sep 24, 2008 at 09:24 PM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 Dr SL Sedan

i have a 1998 olds achieva it seems when i boost it off it stays on for a little while then shuts off,and will not start. this happened without any previous problems..  

10,235

Have the battery and alternator tested at your local auto parts store. I would start there first.

170

Don't take it to your local auto parts store because those guys are not mechanics and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Take it to a shop and have them check it out. Unless you like aggravation and wasting time and money.