I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette mini van. It has started taking off real slow like the tranny is straining and wont shift into overdrive. I was told it could be sensors in the tranny. Is this possible? (Fluid & Strainer changed)

Asked by Aug 30, 2015 at 12:42 AM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GS Passenger Van

1,945

yes there are shift sensors in the tranny. question for you though is have you recently done a fluid change on the van and if so what fluid did you put in it. there are special and different fluids for different makes. try putting a bottle of lucas trans fix in the van and see if that changes any thing. I know from experiance if you change the fluid in the cars it removes all the gunk in the trans that creates narrow passages and better pressure. call the local parts place make sure the propper fluid was put in the van and try the lucas. I bet it will help