1999 oldsmobile intrigue wont start unless jumped

Asked by Feb 04, 2014 at 12:25 AM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GLS Sedan

My car wont start unless its being jumped. I took the battery and had it charged, and it
still wont start. It clicks when its turned over but thats all it does. I was told it could be the
alternator, but before I buy parts I need to know what else it could be.

1,525

Did the car die while driving or did it just not start randomly? if it died while driving and starts when jumped then 98% sure its alternator. If it just died randomly while it was shut off then battery is probably bad. charging a bad battery wont help it, especially these days when everything every company makes is designed for failiure after a certain time period. batteries generally last 2 to 4 years depending on your climate, usage and battery manufacturer.