1999 Oldsmobile won't start or turn over ?

Asked by Sep 17, 2016 at 04:19 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GL Sedan

I bought the car about 2 months for $800 and I knew had to spend some
money on it to keep it running. The car was running ok but one day I pulled
over cause I had a headache, the car was on but it was running quietly I
thought it was off and try to start it up again and it shut off. I tried to start it
up and it didn't want to start so I towed it home. I bought a starter, cleaned
the cable to the battery( New battery) and still didn't want to start or turn
over ! Any help please thank you !

4,115

Check voltage to starter solenoid, if no voltage when you turn ignition switch to start, check starter relay, if no voltage to relay, check ignition switch

Don't understand about voltage?! I even had another battery with cable wire connect to my new battery and it didn't start.

4,115

If u can't check voltage, ur gonna end up spending a lot of money replacing parts by guessing

Best Answer

Gotcha thank you, will do !