I put in a new water pump thermostat and radiator it still has the same problem water coming up the radiator cap they flushed the whole system and put an anti leak still nothing I need anwsers please

20

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 07:13 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GL Sedan

64,475

If you are sure the thermostat was installed right.meaning not backwards,then it could be the radiator cap is bad.

20

I bought a new cap already still the same

20

Now they're saying they gave them a bad radiator is that possible

64,475

My first thought is new radiator and thermostat,water pump,then they put stop leak in it,bad,the stop leak may have clogged radiator and thermostat,now you get no circulation because of the anti leak,and i do under stand the car ran hot after they installed all of this,but i think they may need to check the thermostat,it is backward,s.

20

Trust me they did all that and it's still the same the radiator is leaking thru the side tomorrow they're gonna get a new one and replace it because they said they have them a bad one

64,475

Ok a leak in radiator,agree,change it out,and have them flush all the stop leak out,then if it still runs out the cap,recheck the thermostat.

20

I will tell them tomorrow and see do you think it's a head blown gasket

64,475

If it is blowed head gasket,you will have coolant in the oil,or water coming out the exhaust.

20

Oh okay I see well thank you I hope this works tomorrow

gen motors 99 31oo motors have a bleed screw on each side of motor to let air out of system had the same problem. bled out the air and motor never overheated again again. hope yours does the same

20

Isn't that like when you flush the car out