motor oil is going into the radiator

Asked by Feb 07, 2012 at 12:35 PM about the 1996 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

can you help me

1,435

Most likely a blow head gasket or a oil to water leak due to a cracked engine block or leak in the engine oil cooler.

115

could also be the oil cooler in the rad for the auto trans make sure bfeore you condem the motor

515

As Darius said, blown head gaskets, or a cracked block. Best way to test is to buy (or borrow) a cylinder pressure tester and do a 'leak-down' test on each cylinder. Although time consuming a 'leak-down' test will pinpoint the problem cylinder(s). Paul, the oil cooler runs independant from the radiator on a '96. Also one other possibility is it may be (if so equipped) the automatic transmission fluid cooler which is an intergral part of the radiator on most Stangs. Pro, is it oil or ATF?

20

there is no water in the oil pan...no smoke from tail pipe. the engine idle good.

well hello I am a new member to this page and I need some help with a Mustang problemI can't figure out what these wires go to I know two of them are door plugsand I can't figure out what the rest go to if someone can post pics or send me a video how it all plugs and that would be nice