I haven't been able to open the passenger door of my 1999 Olds Aurora for 5 yrs. now, the mechanics can't get the door open to fix the problem. Any suggestions plz...

15

Asked by Feb 15, 2015 at 08:44 AM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4 Dr STD Sedan

Outside door handle just flops around and the inside handle seems OK but won't open the
door.

224,025

5 years? Mechanic can't fix it? Have you been climbing over the from the passenger side all this time? Time to find another mechanic. Sounds like something is broken, you'll have to remove the door panel to access the damage and repair.

15

But you can't get the door panel off without opening the door first, we tried. The door won't open from inside the car either and I don't have a slimjim???

30

Lower the window, pop the top edge or the inner door panel up and out. Reach in to linkage with a bent coat hanger and pop the lock open. Now open the door and finish removing inner panel. Don't miss screw at bottom of door. Lock mechanism is likely jammed with bits of plastic coating that is supposed to protect it from the elements.