Little to no heat in 2000 Olds Silhouette.

Asked by Dec 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GL Passenger Van Extended

Just replaced the water pump and heat was good for about a week, now no heat!!  
Antifreeze level is fuel.  Bleed the lines to make sure there were no air pockets.  The temp
gauge goes to the 1/4 mark, as it always has.  Any suggestions on what to check next??

210

Sounds like you may be running a thermostat that is too cool for your climate conditions. A hotter one probably will cure your problem. Did this car come from a warmer climate by chance. Many times desert people will run a cooler thermostat in their cars.

I'm not sure where this van was originally. I bought it from a dealership used. I will replace the thermostat first. Hopefully that fixes my problem. These sub zero temperatures are too much without heat in a car!!

60

Try replacing the thermostat with a 185 or 195 rating.