Replace oldsmobile silhouette to a pontiac montana engine an now it want turn over

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GL Passenger Van Extended

I replaced my engine now it want start it will turn over...Do i need to reset the computer?

2,235

yes the ecu has sensors on the engine that tell it what the engine is doing and theese can be coded to the ecu so a reset is advisable

33,645

Sensors are plug and play, no programing needed. Just like replacing a sensor with one from the parts store. Olds does the engine have spark, what's the fuel pressure, and do the injector plugs have a pulse. What year Pontiac did that engine come out of?

33,645

Friend has a 95 camaro with the 3.4 and the engine was knocking

33,645

Picked one up from the junkyard put all and I mean all new gaskets and sensors on it and swapped them out one saturday

33,645

Only thing we didn't replace was the crank, cam, pistons, casting plugs, and heads. Everything else was brand new.

33,645

Took it out Saturday morning, ate lunch, put the rebuilt in Saturday afternoon and he took it home Saturday night nothing had to be programmed or reset.

33,645

Worked at a shop after college in 2009, horrible storm in northwest Indiana. Hydro locked engines at least 2 a week didn't matter whether it was a used junkyard engine or a rebuilt with a warranty, it was all put it in and go.

33,645

My point being, you missed something.