how do you turn on and off the car security alarm on my 2000 olds intrigue

Asked by Jan 24, 2014 at 07:06 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GX Sedan

I don't know how

7,855

Try clicking "lock" 2 times on your remote.

what if you don't have a remote

7,855

Roll the driver's window down so that you can test the system. Lock the door with the driver's power lock switch. The security light will come on. Close all doors. The security light will shut off in 20-30 seconds (system armed). If the driver's door is not opened with a key, the alarm will sound. Reach in the window, and unlock the door with the manual slide (Not the power button). The alarm will sound. To shut the alarm off, put the key into the ignition and turn it to "ON".

69,555

On my 2000 Grand Prix if I lock the doors using the power lock switch or manually the alarm won't set. But if I lock the car using the remote it sets. Perhaps yours is the same. HTH. -Jim

After I done this at a shop now my alarm don't work anymore I have a 2001 oldsmobile intrigue

Cab someone help please I checked all my fueses under the hood and on the passager side