2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

5

Asked by Feb 24, 2015 at 08:49 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GLS Sedan

I called a junk dealer who said he would give me $300.00 for my car, but he wants to
give me a check instead of cash. Since I want to sell this car in that price range,
should I take this offer and be done with this car. No one wants this car because of the
issues. I am wondering is it a good idea to take a check? What if the check bounces,
then what? Can a junk dealer give a person a bad check and never get caught, and
can I get scammed by a junk dealer by him taking my car and my title?

27,995

Is this a place of business or just some random person with signs up on a telephone pole? Run his name against the BBB or online reviews, call his bank and see if the funds are good. As far as what a junk dealer would pay for a car, for scrap and/or dismantling for parts, that's about right. You could part it out yourself and make more money, but that takes a lot more time and effort on your part. If the car runs, even if poorly, you might sell it on craigslist (or here) for a little more, just list it as a mechanic's special. If it is the car in the picture above, that would be worth more than 300, even if it didn't run.

Best Answer Mark helpful