My car that I am trying to sell, water is mixing with the oil, should I sell it or junk it?

5

Asked by Feb 23, 2015 at 08:58 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GLS Sedan

I was recently told this month that my car has water mixing in with the oil which is
making  the oil look white-like or greyish. I want to sell to anyone who can fix it and
make so use out of it or break the car down and sell the parts themselves. Everytime
a junk dealer seems interested they want to pay only $175-250 for it. I want at least
$300, and I want cash. Why won't they pay me what I am asking for. Then they want
me to notarized my signture without a buyer which NC state law won't let me do unless  
both parties are there to sign the title. How can I sell this car and get what I want for
without a lot of hassel form them. My car has other little minor issues like the A/C
won't come on, there's electric issues like certain lights stays on, but I brought the car
like that and had no issues with them being on. Right now, the car is just sitting there.
It has 167185 miles and can drive or crank up. I just want to know will anyone give me
about $300.00 for the car and take it do as you wish afterwards, or who can I sell it to
for that price. I kept the car in fair condition until this gasket issue happened. I need to
get rid of it but at the price I am asking for. I think the price is reasonable and logic.
Who can I sell it to?

237,015

Sounds like the head gasket has failed and the engine is a boat anchor. The car is worth scrap value, maybe $250 if you can get it to a salvage yard, take the title to sign over. The reason you are getting lower is the junk dealer has to tow it, that cost money. Why haggle over $50? You can post it in craigslist and see if you can get $500 if you have time to wait and emails. etc.

Best Answer