Oldsmobile will shuts off when reaches idle temperature

Asked by Feb 05, 2015 at 09:37 AM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GLS Sedan

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue that won't start.  It started when I drove no more than three miles from my house before the instrument gauges spiked and then the car shut off.  My car will start with a boost but after removing the cables, the instrument panel will spike and the car will shut off and not start without a boost, but will continue to die after the booster cables are removed.  It has a fairly new starter and battery and I have checked the cables and battery connections.  Does anyone have any idea of what the problem may be.  Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

are the fluid levels right

I checked all the fluids and they are within optimum range.