after changing the fuel pump and many sensors ( none of these were needed) we got a test done to find it was the mass air flow sensor. now the fule gauge stays on full, the check engine light is on ( auto zone says a fuel injector) now we go to start it and the rpms go over 2000. we cant keep paying this guy to fix these issues. can they all be related?

Asked by Jul 24, 2016 at 05:29 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GLS Passenger Van Extended

17,650

Sounds to me like a bad vaccuam leak when mass air flow sensor was replaced may have left a vacuum hose off. As far as the gas guage staying on full may have something to do with when fuel pump was replaced

we found a hose off going from the mass air flow pipe, between auto zone and napa they sold us a rubber ring and a valve they said should have been on the end of the hose , on the back side of the motor. i can get my hand to get but not get the rubber ring in. there is a bracket in the way. do you have a diagram we can use to figure out where it goes?