I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue and all at once the Radio, Clock, Cruise Control, Map lights and windows stopped working. I tried changing the fuses but that didn't help. What do you think would be wrong with it? and how much do you think this would cost to fix all of the problems?

Asked by Jul 28, 2013 at 08:11 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GL Sedan

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Red. Never been in an accident.

61,075

Did you check the fuses under the hood? For a catastrophic failure such as yours to happen all the things you mentioned must have some common denominator. There are MAXI fuses in a fuse box under the hood. Each one feeds power to several smaller circuits in the fuse box located in the passenger compartment. HTH. -Jim

Checked them they aren't burnt out

61,075

Perhaps a bad ground wire or strap? Also check the fuseable links down by the starter. HTH. -Jim

1,365

Intrigues are infamous for electrical problems. My mothers has had intermitten turn signal, driving light, parking light malfunctions since car was purchased used. Do you remember if you tried plugging anything into the lighter outlets when this all happened? A lot of times those are wired with all sorts of other systems. Check lighter socket fuses.