Won't start but t will turn over

Asked by May 09, 2016 at 08:51 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4 Dr 4.0 Sedan

How do I reset the passcode on my car?

10

I took the battery out of my key fob/ door unlock device to replace it because the doors would not unlock remotely unless I was next to the vehicle. The quarter sized battery in the key FOB was going bad. Apparently, the FOB is synced with the electronics behind the dash. To keep the vehicle from being stolen, if the FOB isn't synced with the electronics in the dash, it shuts the car off. I started my Jeep with the Key FOB apart. It ran for 10 seconds and then shut off. It did this 3 times. Next- nothing. Just turned over. I assume you are trying to reset your "passcode". I had it towed to the garage and they did it for me- and added a new battery to the key FOB. $55 bucks and embarrasing.

I hook the fan up strait my car was over heating I hooked it to the coil now my car won't start

I hook the fan up strait to the coil now my car won't start but it turns over