2001 Oldsmobile Aurora, None of the Driver Door Switches Work.

Asked by Jun 15, 2017 at 09:39 PM about the 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4 Dr 3.5 Sedan

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora: Entire left door doesn't work. I've checked and
replaced fuses three times. The lights work for all the switches, but the
actual switches do nothing. The rest of the switches work. I removed the
door panel and reconnected all the connections. Any help?

P.S. If you can do that, try this: horn sometimes works sometimes doesn't.
Fuse is fine.

905

This may sound crazy. But if all the other switches in the other doors work. You have a programming problem. Do not do this if the other switches are dead too. Disconnect both the positive and negative battery cables. Touch the two battery cables together for about 30 seconds. then reconnect the battery positive cable first. Then try the switch. If this does not work replace the drivers door switch.

905

As for the horn It's probably a bad contact in the horn pad itself. Possible relay. Try using the panic button on the security fob. If the horn blows normally. The problem is the horn pad in the steering wheel. If it does not. Check horn relay and or the horns themselves.

So my entire drivers door doesn't work. Like none of the switches, windows or the mirrors. However, the lights behind each switch and the stereo work, as well as the door lights. Steps I've tried: 1) Replacing fuse three times. 2) Remove door panel and disconnect all wires leading to the module and reconnecting 3) Disconnected battery cables, touching them for 30 secs, and reconnecting. My hypothesis is that rain might have got in and shorted something. But for some reason the lights behind each switch work and when I use another door to lock the rest, the power to the drivers door is still there.