I changed my ignition switch on my 2002 oldsmobile intrigue and it will not start. My security light is on and stays on and I tried to do the anti theft security reset for it to start but did not work

Asked by Jun 16, 2015 at 12:20 AM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GLS Sedan

When key is in the on position the
Security light is on and stays on but if
I try to crank it it turns off. It doesn't
flash or anything. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

26,335

I would try locking and unlocking the drivers side door with the key itself not the keyless entry, and then try starting the car.

69,595

Agree,and just to add to it,if your key is not the original key,may need coding.

26,335

A bad crankshaft position sensor on these cars can also cause the syptoms your car is having.

Thanks guys. Will go try this.

26,335

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Locking and unlocking the drivers side door did not help. Security light stays on until I try to crank it. All my light interior and exterior work and so do radio, fan and so forth. It's all normal except for the security light and no crank.

26,335

I have read online that most people that have had the same issue replaced the crankshaft position sensor and that solved the problem.

Ok thank you. Will get it done as soon as I can.

10

Accident and I was hit on the left sidr rear panel and now the security light stays on and the vehicle will not start could that be due to to the airbags because they did come out that's why I want to know could that be why the security light stays on and the car will not start and if so can you tell me what to do next hey you tell me what what to do next