2002 Olds Intrigue A/C runs intermittently after new ac unit installed.Swith light blinks on and off

Asked by Aug 08, 2015 at 03:27 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4 Dr GL Sedan

I have a 2002 Olds Intrigue and had the A/C unit repaired / replaced last year. The A/C
button lights when on and now it will cut out and on while driving and sometimes will stay
off and I need to press the button to restart the unit.The process will start over again but
sometimes will run for 30-45 minutes before the problem occurs again. The car does not
have climate control.

20,820

Sounds like it is low on freon have A/C system checked.

The air is 40 degrees out of the vents. I will think about having a A/C performance test done. Could it be a switch or electrical connection issue?

20,820

Whomever you get to check it out can tell you more then me because they are right there to let you know if it is switch or electrical or something else causing your problem because going by what you are saying it could be either of those things and not being there to check it out for my self it is hard to say.

My 02 intrigue AC was doing exactly the same thing. Took it to Buick dealership in town and they did an electrical check. Found that my AC control head needed replacing, They were able to get a new control head from a dealership in California. (None in Missouri). Electrical diagnostic ran $i55 Part was $555 and labor ran $200 to install part. AC runs like a champ. None of than constant pressing the button to try to get it to work. Good luck hope this helps anyone with this issue.