2002 Olds Aurora 3.5 V6Battery and Alternator are OK but the battery drains to dead. Cause?

Asked by Dec 31, 2012 at 03:34 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4 Dr 3.5 Sedan

70,295

How long does it take to kill the battery? Overnight, a few days, a week, a month? If this car sits alot, say more than a week, it's normal. Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable if you plan on not using the car on a regular basis. I do that with my '94 Cadillac or the battery in it will die simply because I don't use it that often. HTH. -Jim

28,495

you have a component that is staying on/drawing too much amperage while the vehicle is off. could be a light or could be a control module not going to sleep. you will have to do a parasitic draw test to see how much amperage is being drawn and then narrow it down to the circuit that is causing it by removing fuses till the draw goes away. then you will have to eliminate the different componets on that circuit

100,705

Attach a digital volt meter to the battery. Set it on DC volts. Open the engine compartment fuse box. Remove the a maxi fuse and see if the voltage rises. The fuses are in the outward row and marked 30,40 & 50. Each maxi fuse feeds several smaller circuits.

The air pump that airs up the air bags is shorting out and draining my battery where should I start and what should I do