My traction control light keeps coming on what is the cause of this

Asked by Feb 22, 2014 at 02:28 PM about the 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GL Passenger Van Extended

My service traction control and abs lights are coming. But not all the time.

71,585

Sounds like a bad antilock brake system wheel speed sensor. When the ABS is disabled because of a problem so is the traction control. They're tied into each other. Fix the ABS problem and the traction control will be up and running again as well. HTH. -Jim

80

My 2003 Oldsmobile silhouette service traction control and abs light comes on gotta shut key off and back on and it will be fine the brake pedal before the lights come on will vibrate at times could someone tell me where to take it or fix it myself

Ground wire from the ABS module to the body ground is not reliable. Remove the ground wire from the body via the bolt it is attached with. Clean off the connector at the end of the wire, the body post and the nut with a wire brush. Apply Dielectric grease to all cleaned areas and put it back on. I have the 2004 Venture, which is the same van. The last ditch effort (besides replacing the wheel bearing/ABS sensor assembly) is to replace the connector at the end where it goes to the hub assembly. GM is well aware of there poor build quality with this and other wiring harness connectors for these years.