where to add freon to 2003 alero oldsmobile with a 3.4 V6 engine.

30

Asked by Jun 27, 2015 at 12:01 PM about the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero GL

I want to add freon and not sure where. I see a place between the radiator fans and engine but want to be sure. Thanks!

The port on low side. The compressor will suck the contents out of the can. You can't put it on the high side, in the old days people were doing that and pumping IN to the can and blowing themselves up, so they changed the fittings so they can't be backwards. I will see if I can find an image

It will be on the larger of the two A/C lines Found 2001 V6

30

So then on my 2003 it would be the same, the larger line is where I connect?

I don't know if the 2003 is just like the image or not...best I could find. But yes, the smaller line is high side, you want LOW the larger line. After you take the cap off it looks like a tire valve stem. Now I will try to find a chart to show how much pressure you should have. The ambient air temperature, the hotter it is when you do this, not your engine, the outside air.. plays a BIG role in how much.

Best Answer Mark helpful

This will go full screen. The only thing I don't get is the 85° and 90° high side. I am almost certain there should be a 1 if front of 25 and 50. And this is Buick, but same. Read the directions on the kit you buy. Carefully.

I mean a 2 there not a 1

Here is another. It's for my Toyota but near identical. See what I mean about the 85° and 90°......also will go full screen

One more cadillac. Just want to make sure it's right

30

OK great! I found where the larger line is, between the firewall and engine, down low, too low for me to use the charging hose that I have. The line is about 5 inches short to avoid the belt and alternator. Too bad it's not the other because it would be so simple!!!!! Thank you for your help today it is much appreciated...

Be careful, pay attention and you will be fine. They sell these hose extensions like this, looks like they are quick-couplers, not threaded. This is Sears, but any parts house will have them, or eBay or Amazon http://www.sears.com/search=r134a%20charging%20hose%20for%20auto%20ac

30

AWESOME!!!!