2003 Olds Alero will turn over but will not start

Asked by Jan 22, 2015 at 07:37 PM about the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero GL Coupe

Will turn over but will not start fuel pump is still working

80

try starting your car again but do not turn the key off if it does not start. leave it on and in exactly ten minutes, (during this time your security light should be blinking), the light will stop blinking or turn off. simply turn your key off then and try to start again. it should start. i have done this many times and it works. to fix you can go to repair shop and they will tell you that it could be the ignition switch, $300-$400, or the injector control box that gets its ok signal from the ignition switch saying is the proper key. security. the injector control box costs $700-$775. of course the shop will say both need to be replaced.$1000-$1100. if you find a good shop $300 plus labor.. bull. get it started and go to a shop that installs remote starters, great for wis winters or texas summers!!! this system allows you to start your car, still locked, from in the house getting it cool or warm. the system bypasses the ignition injector problem on the alero for $350 or less. had mine done and two windows tinted for $325. hope this helps

80

if your security light is not blinking then i would look at the crank sensor. common problem. if mechanical can do yourself.

I changed the fuel pump the inline fuel filter on my 2004 Oldsmobile Alero and it still would not start unless I pour gas in the throttle body then I asked you guys and somebody put on there about turning the ignition switch to on for 10 minutes and let the security light blink and then turn it off for 45 seconds then cranking it I tell you what you guys are the best it sure worked and thank you very very much

I recently bought a 2003 Alero GLS that was in great condition for its age. It seemed like it would be a great commuter car and for the first few weeks it was! But a few weeks ago while I was on my lunch break at work, I went to go get something to eat but when I came back it wouldn't start. So I called a buddy to help tow it back to my place. I put it in neutral and by the time we reached my place (I put the windows down since electrical was working) I turned the key so I could put the window up and it started! I had no idea why it did that, but it seemed to have no issues afterward when it came to starting on command. So this morning I was heading to work and the same issue of not starting came up again. So feeling frustrated I called out of work and tried googling it to see if I could at least find a clue for why it wouldn't start. I found this and tried letting the security light blink for 10 minutes till it stopped blinking. I turned it off and tried the ignition again and it roared back to life! Thank you so much!