My Nissan 300zx has no acceleration even with the pedal to the floor.

35

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr GS Hatchback

I get no acceleration even when my Nissan is warmed up. It's dangerous to drive and I've
almost been hit multiple times trying to turn. What do I do?

28,175

"What do I do?" First and foremost, Stop driving it immediately (you said it yourself that it's dangerous to drive). So please don't attempt to limp your way to a repair shop, get it towed instead. Not sure if you have a Manual Transmission or not...Maybe the clutch is wearing out?? Does the car rev really high and not move when you try to press the gas pedal?

35

I do have a manual and the clutch grabs very high but every mechanic that has driven it says the clutch is fine. The revs stay the same its like me pushing it doesn't send the message that I'm telling it to go faster. However on that note the pedal is very touchy and responds well.

35

Oh and it's sitting in the parking lot and has been for weeks covered up. No chance of me driving it.

28,175

Ok...you can try having a mechanic look at the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor, Fuel Injectors as well as the Fuel Filter to see if any or all need replacement. You MAY just have clogged Fuel Injectors...cleaning them may help, maybe??

Best Answer Mark helpful
35

Sorry about the late response I do appreciate your input. So far I has cleand the MAF, cleaned the fuel injectors, checked the fuel filter and the pressure, all check out in every way. I have also changed the spark plugs and new air filters. So far nothing has fixed my acceleration problem. Any other ideas?

1,505

Make sure that you put nkg they are the only spark plugs for that engine says nissan also look into the throttle position sensor it maybe bad