my 300zx dosnt want to accelerate

Asked by Sep 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

My 300zx dosnt want to accelerate. When I put it in first gear and start to drive it lags and dosnt wana pick up speed fast enough. plzz help!! that would be much appreciated thanks

70,275

Sound,s like lack of fuel,check the fuel filter may be stopped up,and if it is good,check the fuel pressure,may be fuel pump going bad.

how do I check the fuel filter?

70,275

This should be it,under hood,driver,s side fender.

70,275

Take it loose,and blow threw it,if it is clear,then it will be the fuel pump.

I took it off and its not clogged or anything so the fuel filter is good

I have another question. my oil pressure gauge idles at 0 then goes up when I rev it. I don't think it should be at 0 while it idles

idling should be at the first tick-mark for your oil pressure

10

Did u solved I have the same problem on every gear wont aceelated fast. I have replaced fuel filrter n used fuel pump same problem .. I have take out the catalyc converter same problem I have change the computer same problem I have change the coil diferent spot n they seem working good any help plisss is 93 nissan 300zx twin turbo pliss help also check for the motor to have good pressure n is good

No I haven't solved it yet you can try to do this. On your motor theirs a black bar that runs across the motor attached to that bar is a hose for the idle valve spray a Little wd40 see if that works might but stuck. Also check your ecu to see if your shooting any codes

10

MY ECU DOSENT WORK NOT EVEN MY GAGES ARE NOT WORKING ON THE DASH THE ONLY THING DAT SHOW ITS THE SECURY YELLOW LIGTH

TDawson -- i had the same problem on my 1991 300zx. Replaced the mass air flow filter and it worked fine. It's an easy install, i did it myself and I am not the least bit handy.