So I picked up a 1990 Nissan 300 zx non turbo for 350$ and the tranny went out... how hard would it be to swap to a manual? Will it bolt right to the motor thats currently in it?

Asked by Jul 18, 2014 at 01:04 AM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

I'm aware of some parts that are needed
but can someone let me know of
everythingthat ill need? And about how
much it will cost?

33,835

No. And lot.

21,985

the $350 you spent is just the beginning- better build your bank account up into the thousands- I hope you love the junk because your love will be tested- I know- I drive old junk and am fixing it up as I go along- whew!

185

What do you mean when you say it went out? What are the indications/symptoms? How many miles on the odometer? Sometimes when the seals inside the transmission are old, they become stiff and cause slipping. Adding a quart or two of Barr's transmission restore (remove some fluid first if you add two QTS). The fluid adds flexibility back to the seals. This is just a short term solution, but it can get you back on the road.

The odo says 191xxx drop it into drive I can feel it catch a bit when I hit the gas it revs up and doesn't want to go... drop it into drive one it feels like it starts in second gear but slips but blows ignition fuze... I think its a fuzed wire beings they ran the wire harness along the exauhst pipe... I really just wanna swap to a manual... I dropped two quarts of that's barrs two part stuff in there all ready and didn't do anything... I know someone with a 88 twin turbo manual and I just wanted to know if Icould swap straight over...

40

Swapping to a manual transmisson is al most like trying to change the engine u got work your way around everthing u have to unbolt all the junk surounding the transmisson