Turning on the car

Asked by Apr 01, 2014 at 05:51 PM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

I need help with my 1990 300zx. I bought it and it worked great in the summer. The winter
came and it started acting weird and I could never turn it on. I thought it was the battery
but it was still the same. I replaced the alternator and still the same. Now that it is spring
whenever I turn on the car I have to give it a little gas for like 30sec for it to not turn off right
away. Any specific reason why its doing this?

105

its possible your heat temp sensor is bad giving the computer the signal that the engine is hot

Best Answer Mark helpful

where can i buy or replace it?

105

you should be able to buy it at any parts stor

Thank you so much. Do you have any experience with the 300zx? I want to customize it and make it better but I am not very handy with cars. Any tips? Like I have to replace the front bumper but I wouldnt know how to install it or buy it

is it the coolant heat temp sensor?

105

I own one and had to lots of work and experience similar problems it would be your head temp sensor the coolant sensor only tells you how hot the car is

My car needs alot done with it

I can only find the engine coolant temp sensor

105

there should be 2 both located at the front on the water line. the one your looking for has a yellow connector. It should have 2 prongs. If there is one with only one prong that's not it