problem

Asked by Dec 10, 2009 at 03:41 AM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

Pearl Yellow!  great car!  In the shop right now because of gas leak.  Not doing that for them, of course, but now they say the car can be started but will not move!  As if the emergency brake is on...Just had them put on new tires and they noticed the different type of 'lug nuts'. Could they have locked the brakes up by doing the tire installation incorrectly?  Suggestions?

15

if it can be started and rev normally.... I doubt lug nuts would have to do with it. Im not chassis expert but i doubt it either way...although i have a sneaking suspicion it may have to do with the ABS cocking up due to an incorrect tire install also your tranny could be, to be frank, fucked. if it cant rev... Throttle linkage most likely.

75

I don't think so, the lug nut can not lock brakes.first i will check the transmission is working properly.the second i will check the brake system.and the tire size should be the stock size.then go from there..good luck.