anire or bluebird

Asked by Dec 08, 2009 at 08:04 PM about the 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R Coupe

i have a 91 b13 se-r and i am looking to do a swap ive been reading around and im still not sure what i need or wat the difficulty of the swap is i was wondering if you knew which engine is better and wat i should expect difficulty wise if you could help i'd really appreciate it thanx

455

If you are looking for a swap to SR20DET, either the engine from an Avenir or a Bluebird will work. The swap is pretty much straightforward, as you don't really need to make any engine bay mods to make the engine fit, plus the transmission from your car will fit just fine. I don't believe the wiring being any different from the SR20DE's as far as I know (assuming your car is a B13 SE-R), but it's still good to get an engine w/an intact wiring harness for just in case. Otherwise (if the car has a GA16DE), you'll need the harness and ECU from a B13 SE-R. The only modifications you'll need to make would be a downpipe (you can get a pre-made one or custom-make it fro the turbo's hot snail flange unless the engine comes with it, which rarely happens) and you can make the rest of the exhaust while you're at it if you wish, and also get a good fuel pump (a Walbro 255 lph will do just fine). The rest would be pretty much optional modifications that you may want to make in the swapping process....hope this helps.....

85

best bet get a GTi-R SR20DET from a the Pulsar, ITBs and a higher boost pressure with a lower compression ratio make for an awesome combo, and less tear down if you wanna throw on a bigger turbo, mine was a SC61 on a stock motor, and it moved

455

True, but the GTi-R engines are pretty scarce and are a little more expensive than those from the Avenir and Bluebird. However, looking for one's worth it because the internals and oil pump are a lot stronger than the Bluebird/Avenir's engine....

isnt a bluebird a big yellow school bus?

455

LOL.... I mean a Nissan Bluebird U12, b.k.a Nissan Stanza in USA.....like the one in the pic.....

i was just jokin with ya. lol

455

LOL, that's a good one, you got me there. Hahahaha! Still, the tidbit's good for those who don't know much about Nissans, so....

lol

5

I have a 1988 B12 Sentra. I am also looking to do a swap to the same engine. I just need to know what mods am i gonna need to make it work.

5

can i swap sr18 in my xe sentra 1993