what is the simplest way to super charge or turbo my 91 z

5

Asked by Apr 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM about the 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

205

drop in a twin turbo motor. z1 sells a package to do it

465

indeed! Just import a motor from japan!

15

do it in your dreams

145

sell it and buy a twin turbo, it will cost less in the end

25

yeahh, get a VG30DETT and put it on your N/A.

145

buying a Twin turbo is still cheaper than doing the conversion in the end, unless when you do the swap you make sure you rebuild the motor and put preformance parts in it then its worth it

55

I agree with Cale... Its going to be a big project... I had been looking into it too, simply because you can't get the balance out of the twin turbo's, like... ever. They will always put out a different amount of power from each turbo. But the idea of the supercharge sounds amazing for the car... just that a conversion of the sort, for my 93 model... I was looking at over 7g's .... meh...

145

I own a 90 TT, and the balance and setup for the engine was VERY well thought out by nissan, each turbo feeds 3 cylinders, the turbo on the right exhaust manifold feeds the intake into the left bank of cylinders and the turbo on the left exhaust manifold feeds the right bank of cylinders, each with their own seperate intercooler for the stock setup. I have seen TT 300's eat single turbo supras and supercharged stangs, its all about how much money you are willing to put into your build, if your looking for cheap, sell your 300 and buy a civic someone put a turbo on, because for big horsepower on cars like 300's, supras, skylines, it isnt cheap. just slapping turbos or a supercharger on a NA motor can spell disaster, unless you do a preformance rebuild, some people cheap out and just buy a used TT motor and drop it in, but still there is about 7grand worth of parts and labour to get it done, and you can only hammer that engine for so long untill its going to need a rebuild.