I own A nissan 300zx 1991 everytime i want to fire it up it needs to be jump started by another car or a jumper what problem does my car have?

Asked by Mar 14, 2012 at 04:23 PM about the 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD Hatchback

Well every time i want to fire up my car the battery is either dead and the car wont start up unless jump started with cables or jumper what's wrong with my car?

I just fixed the problem, turns out I just needed a new battery

I had the same problem with my 84 turbo 300zx. The security light was flashing all the time which lead me to believe that was running the battery down. A friend of mine check all the wires and connections coming off the distributor and replaced some of the wires. That fixed the flashing light. Another thing is to check all the ground wires. Even a new battery will register weak voltage at start if there are any shorts or ground issues.

3,015

Have a amp leak test done, there are numourous consumers that will draw power from the battery even when switched off. If there is a fault it can and will flatten the battery. Also have the charge rate tested that is the Amps & Volts produced by the alternator, this should be tested both unloaded (everything switched off) and loaded (high power consumers on such as rear demister, heater fan and main beam headlights) to ensure the alternater can cope with the demand.