hello, I got a 1991 300zx, crank but wont start, no spark

Asked by Jan 10, 2015 at 08:55 PM about the 1991 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

I was driving my 1991 300zx and while I was accelerating it started to loose power, about
2 miles later it completely shut off and has not started since. Battery will not hold charge,
replaced battery and no luck. Checked fuel pump and I have fuel flow. I do not have any
spark but I am getting power to my coils. I have tried to start without the MAF connected
and nothing. ECU code was 55 (Nothing wrong). Any help appreciated.

112,175

These cars are known for corrosion in the electrical connectors on and around the engine. This will cause similar issues. Unplug the connections and look for green corrosion in them. If some found clean connector and use dielectric grease on it. If memory serves me the main ones were right at top front drivers side of engine and front drivers side fender.

I was driving it when its start to loose power and finally die on me

112,175

Might not be a connection issue but for some reason these cars are known for ghost issues like what you are discribing. Maybe vibration causing a bad connection to act up at times. A friend replaced all kinds of parts on his just to find that the connections in the wire harness plugs to the issue.

Cas crank angle sensor located in bottom of distributor it is and optical sensor, (a ring w tiny holes) it get wet it quits,gets to a certain age gets hot and quits till it cools off. Still available from Nissan spendy but the one you have has lasted 23 years so........