1992 Stanza: heater mode door buttons will not change modes; heat only comes from floor vent or floor/defrost; could problem be a fuse, connector, or is mode door motor replacement needed?

10

Asked by Feb 01, 2015 at 09:34 PM about the 1992 Nissan Stanza XE Sedan

When you push mode door buttons nothing happens; all other parts of heater and A/C
work fine; I assume if motor needs replacing I will have to go through the panel that
includes removing the radio to get to the motor and electrical connector.  Hope problem is
a fuse or ground wire.  Could that be possible?

Broken vacuum hose from plenum/manifold to canister to heater pods

10

Where would these items be located and/or how would I get to them?

Let me hit up an FSM (factory service manual) so I can give you a responsible answer.

Blend door motor is on the passenger side of heater box. The motor is a small black box the size of a pack of smokes