My Nissan stanza has started to make a loud clunky noise coming from the engine. It sounds like a diesal powered car. Any idea what it could be

Asked by Jan 19, 2007 at 02:40 AM about the 1992 Nissan Stanza SE Sedan

It sounds worse when I push the gas.

100

Timing belt slipped, worn out. the diesel sound is predentonation from the timing 2 far advanced.replace timing belt or u will put holes in the pistons.

15,280

Hello harrism8675-- Could be a lot of things from your description. You didn't say if there was smoke or some obnoxious odors coming from the front of the car. You don't sound like it is something you are looking to do yourself, so get it to a good mechanic soon. I might make a guess at a bad motor mount or transmission mount. Let me know what you find. Good luck from Bovan.