Where's everything for the good ol' DE?

25

Asked by Aug 08, 2008 at 03:07 AM about the 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Coupe

Proud owner of a 1992 Sentra SE-R with the much loved SR20DE. Problem is, all the performance stuff is made for the DET. Sure you may find a few parts here and there, but nothing that really sparked my interest. Anyone have ideas on where to look for SR20DE performance?

I picked the car up for cheap and it was better than my first car, so please don't recommend a DET swap because that really isn't an option for me right now.

43,925

Try some of the Sentra forums, they might have interchange parts available.

75

as a former owner of an SE-R...check our jim wolf technology. Also, Hotshot makes a great header. But for the amount of money you put in your car to go "fast", you could slap a turbo on that engine for less than $2000.00 and have a 13 second Camero chaser and Mustang GT embarresser. check out www.sr20forums.com <-- one heck of a great resource.

35

I've gotten most of my parts of ebay. Header, Light weight flywheel, cold air intake, the normal bolt ons also you can swap out front breaks with an NX2000 whose breaks are bigger. Jim wolf tech is great but they are usually expensive, also you can just search the web for other places that sell performance parts.

well my parents bought me a 08 maxima fully loaded but when they bought it nissan put rims and a lot of performance parts on it they did alot to the engine an they bosted it up to about 290 horse power like the 09 but im not sure were your gonna find performance parts for your sentra

135

First off I see you are in the military and I want to thank you for your service. I also own a 92 SE-R the best things to start with are free Advance timing to 17* Reground MAF Other than that I would reccomend Intake, Header, Exhaust and then cams to start However doing maintence is more important than mods

135

I'm throwing out the bullshit flag 1 Nissan would never "do alot to the engine" as they are required to warranty any dealer installed options and I don't believe Nissan has any Nismo parts out for that model yet 2 Do you have Dyno numbers or they told you "they boosted it up to about 290" 3 You aren't sure where to find parts for a 1992 SE-R yet you feel that you need to tell us how your parents bought you an 08 maxima. Try to keep it on the topic

75

Good call...keep the oil fresh and check it often. Nissan Bearings dont like low oil. I found that out the hard way.

135

So did I