IRREGUALR IDLE + SUDDEN ACCELERATION

Asked by Jan 22, 2010 at 04:56 PM about the 1992 Nissan Pathfinder 4 Dr XE 4WD SUV

92 PATHFINDER  EXPERIENCING OCCASIONAL IRREGULAR IDLE AND A COUPLE TIMES, WHILE SLOWING TO A STOP, SUDDEN ACCELERATION WITHOUT TOUCHING THE PEDAL. ANY IDEAS?

155

you could try replacing you r throtle linkage cable

10

On May 28th 2010 while driving at 70 miles per hour my three year old Nissan Qashqai accelerated suddenly, the pedal went to the floor by itself and I could not raise it with my foot, the brakes wouldn't work and their was a loud violent noise from the engine; I put my hazzard lights while accelerating out of control; I turned the engine off which enabled me to brake despite the steering wheel locking. It was a terrifying experience. The Dealership have the car but to date have found "no problems", I will not drive that car again.

25

probably a bad iac.. idle air controller

60

We have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. Several times when my husband was slowing to a stop the vehicle suddenly revved up and accelerated, almost causing an accident several times at intersections. The cruise control was not on and he did not touch the gas peddle. The Nissan dealership cannot find anything wrong and has not heard of this problem before. This is very dangerous!! My husband has been driving for 43 years and is a very experienced and cautious driver. Posted January 14, 2012.

1,745

happened to me before... probably a defective air sensor, a clogged intake manifold, or the idle adjustment is too high you have to adjust its rpm range...

10

I had a Nissan pathfinder 2006, it is totaled now, it unintendedly accelerated from an almost complete stop when braking. It caused the vehicle to shoot forward and crash into another vehicle, turning it on it's side and trapping the driver. As far as I know there are no recalls. I advise anyone with this complaint to have it addressed and don't drive it

60

We found it was a transmission problem. We replaced it (at a garage other than Nissan), paid for it ourselves. Nissan later came out with a transmission recall and we were not covered because they had a very large deductible. Our vehicle has been fine ever since. Thank you for responding. I posted it on this site, in case we ever had an accident, so that there would be a prior record of the problem.

20

2006 Nissan Pathfinder, spontaneously accelerated from a complete stop twice today. Priority Nissan couldn't find any codes, and had no solution for us. This is frightening.

40

I just bought a 2006 Nissan pathfinder. It idles high, when I start the car it revs like it's going to blow up. It has a horrible high pitch whining sound, and now it is lurching forward when I apply the brakes. They say nothing is wrong. I have a child with me in the car and I'm afraid to drive it now. Any advice will be appreciated.