power window problems

5

Asked by Sep 18, 2008 at 11:51 AM about the 1992 Nissan Maxima SE

i have been having a problem with the windows in my max for quite sometime...they will start working pretty slow, then they will fall completely down...then i will take off the door panel and try to fix the problem...only to find a mess of cables...i have also seen another maxima at my apt. complex with the same problem...my question is ...has any one else had this problem...or does anyone know if this is a problem that all nissans have or more specifically maximas? thanks.

75

Its a problem with cars with power windows period.... More than likely your window regulator went out...time for a new one... I would scope the Junkyard first since they are quite expensiive to fix. Also, I would join Maxima.org ....they have plenty of DIY projects and fixes for the maxipad.